Old August 13th 03, 05:16 AM
Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo

Newps wrote:

Dr. Anthony J. Lomenzo wrote:

On the other hand, I have some difficulty with folks who say that the
tragedy of 9-11 had 'no effect' [!] on our way of doing business or
living the American dream. It's a whole new world and I can only hope
that we're not reduced to the 'stare' so to speak as if to say 'is
he/she or isn't he/she' one of 'them' ...whoever 'them' happens to be
at the moment.

Hardly anything has changed. I can now check in on the internet before
I go to the airport, thus bypassing the front desk. Or I can go to
curbside check in at those airports that have those, again bypassing the
front desk. Then I go stand in the security line. It has been my
experience that it takes the same amount of time now as it always did.
Obviously this can be different at each airport. Although now I take
everything out of my pockets and my watch off as the detectors are set
much tighter. I have always carried my drivers license with me so that
was a nonfactor. It doesn't take any longer to fly anywhere today than
it ever did, and it takes less time than the summer of 2000, remember
all the delays that summer?

Well, I think Tune2828 made a cogent point in re the matter of security
'consistency' which of course is to say INconsistently. Each airport
seems to vary as to the level of security with some being rather strict
[*some where using 'unleashed' canine sniffers to sniff both bags and
PAX within the terminal --and-- within the gate where the dog had this
leather sign notifying the folks that the pooch is obviously on the job
while, on the legal side of things, the courts seem to go for that
method because it eliminates concerns and claims of bias or 'profiling']
and others, depending on location and traffic so to speak, well, as I
heard one soul put it, 'hey, you get what you pay for.'

Doc Tony