Old May 16th 07, 04:53 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Ross

Default Repaving evicts us from our hangar?

Jay Masino wrote:
I was curious if anyone else has experienced this... Our airport is
having it's ramp area re-paved. Because of scheduling, they're starting
earlier than expected. 4 buildings of T-hangars have to be out by this
Monday (the 21st). Actually, you have a choice of being tiedown outside
for 2 months, or be trapped inside your hangar for 2 months. My plane
lived outside for a lot of years, but that was considerably inland. My
current airport is on the coast (Ocean City). I hate the idea of
sitting outside for that length of time, within a 1/4 mile of the ocean.
What do you guys think? I'm leaning towards leaving it in the hangar,
and starting some projects that would disable her, anyway.

I had to relocat my aircraft several years ago when our airport was
going under a complete reconstruction. I went to a community hangar at
another airport. I had to pay there for a couple of months and I did not
get a reduction on rent at my airport for the time. But, I could still
fly. There is a airport about 30 miles south of us that is going to do
the same thing this summer and planes are already getting relocation.
Another airport in our city is giving free ramp parking during their
down time.

--

Regards, Ross
C-172F 180HP