Old January 10th 04, 09:12 PM
G.R. Patterson III

Jay Honeck wrote:

URLs and ESPECIALLY Cities and States must be added to some!
(For example, see #11. Where the HECK is "Elmira"??? And #21, too.)

That would be Elmira, NY (ELM).

11. The National Warplane Museum is right next door to the FBO at Elmira.

http://www.warplane.org

14. There's a small WWII museum at PUB (Pueblo, CO).

http://www.pwam.org

15. The Canadian Bushplane Museum is on the St. Marys river in Sault Ste.

http://www.bushplane.com

18. The Planes of Fame Museum in Chino, CA.

http://www.planesoffame.org

21. At McMinnville, the museum is across the street from the airport.

Assuming this to be McMinnville, OR, http://www.sprucegoose.org

23. The small Olympia museum.

http://www.olympicflightmuseum.com

26. Reading Airport, Reading PA has a museum you can easily walk to from
one of the FBOs.

This is a duplicate.

29. The CAFÉ museum at Galveston and the Museum at Midland are both
accessible. I like the on in Galveston better, but the one in Midland has
more made up exhibits

http://www.lsfm.org
http://www.airpowermuseum.org

35. Petticord Foundation for Aircraft Construction in Asheboro, NC (HBI)

No web site found.

41. The Owl's Head Transportation Museum in Owl's Head Maine (RKD).

http://ohtm.org

50. There is also a soaring museum at Morarity, NM and there are taxiways
all over the place.

No web site found.

53. There is also a small helicopter museum at Lenhardt's Airpark

http://www.LenhardtAirpark.com

54. Helicopter museum at Brandwine PA (N99)

http://www.helicoptermuseum.org

55. Lexington KY has an air museum (KLEX) on the field

http://www.aviationky.org

61. I believe the Robert Pond Air Museum on Palm Springs Airport

http://www.air-museum.org

65. S.Jersey Regional (VAY) has the Air Victory Museum on field

http://www.airvictorymuseum.org

N Kinston/Quonset R.I. (OQU) has an air museum on app.end Rwy 5

http://users.ids.net/~qam/qam

66.Schenectady NY (SCH) has the Empire State Air Museum on field

http://www.esam.org

67. Milville NJ (MIV)

http://www.p47millville.org

76.Creve Coeur (St. Louis MO).

http://historicaircraftrestorationmuseum.org

79. Air Heritage Musem, Beaver County Airport (BVI), Beaver Falls, PA

http://trfn.clpgh.org/ah

80. Piper Museum, William T. Piper Memorial Airport (LHV), Lock Haven, PA

http://www.pipermuseum.com

81 . There's a small museum at South Jersey Regional (VAY).

Duplicate.

I also found this while prowling around - "The Yakima Airport (a small one, folks)
is home to the McAllister Museum of Aviation."

Also check out http://www.skytamer.com/museums . You might just want to put up a
link to this site.

George Patterson
Great discoveries are not announced with "Eureka!". What's usually said is
"Hummmmm... That's interesting...."