Old August 30th 07, 11:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
John Galloway[_1_]

Default Hotelier safety sleeves

At 08:48 30 August 2007, Chris Reed wrote:
I've just remembered that Wedekinds come in (three?)
different types,
depending on the type of Hotelier. Make sure you get
the right kind.

You might find that only one type are now available.

About 4 years ago I needed a set for a Std Cirrus.
I bought 4 from MacLean Aviation but returned them
because they did not look exactly the same as the pictures
in the Tech Note. I got one from Schempp-Hirth and
found it was exactly the same as the DG ones from Bob
MacLean I had returned. I tried to buy back the ones
I had returned but Bob had sold them and had no more.
I could not find another source worldwide. Eventually
Herr Wedikind made another batch which were the same
again but which turned out to fit the Cirrus OK.
I think that some of these ended up with Southern Sailpanes
and some with MacLean Aviation.

John Galloway