Old October 13th 16, 06:47 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
James Thomson[_2_]

Default L'Hotelier Fitting Safety Pins

At 00:11 13 October 2016, Dan Marotta wrote:
Those bobby pins are used extensively on my Stemme and I lost two

that
fell out of their retaining strings during taxiing operations leaving me
with only one spare. A quick search found 1.2 mm hitch pins at

WalMart
(of all places). I got a bag of 50 pins for under $8. Here's a link

for anyone needing the same. I've tried them and they fit.

--
Dan, 5J

According to LBA AD 1993-001/3 the 1.2 mm pins are Ford reference
number 1473 931

Whether Ford still supply is another matter...!