Old January 16th 19, 01:33 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Dan Marotta

Default Source for L'Hotellier Safety Clips

The clips I use are stainless steel and the correct size to fit the
hole.Â* Didn't someone else just suggest simply slipping a length of wire
through the hole and twisting it?Â* I suppose I could have spent 25 times
as much for a simple pin but I have to save my money to purchase real
estate.

BTW, would thatÂ* ocean front property that you're offering be anywhere
near Reno?Â* Looks like CA is getting ready to slide into the sea...

On 1/15/2019 5:56 PM, Jonathan St. Cloud wrote:
On Tuesday, January 15, 2019 at 7:47:50 AM UTC-8, Dan Marotta wrote:
I think I had those on my '19 and they could be locked in the blind.

The Walmart pins were cheap, about $0.16 each, do the job, and in two
years not one has come out in service.Â* They're attached to the aileron
control rod by a length of waxed string.Â* YMMV.Â* Of course the Stemme
clips are visible during installation, no reaching through a hole to
install them.Â* I use a hemostat as a tool to help my clumsy fingers get
the pin installed.

On 1/14/2019 8:32 wrote:
T8 is correct. Fit correctly and easy to use.

--
Dan, 5J

But of course any random metal "thingy" purchased from the great American institution Walmart should be considered flight worthy without question or test. Call me about some ocean front property I have for sale

--
Dan, 5J