Old November 3rd 03, 02:08 AM
Mike Kanze

Woody,

Back in the day when I flew VA (the REAL Medium Attack kind--not that

Corsair stuff), our SOP called for a 200 FT AGL minalt that we flew at very
regularly--500 FT AGL night/IMC.

My recollection as well, from the early 1970s.

Not sure, but I THINK that on the OB-16 route (Eastern Oregon canyons) A-6s
were authorized lower than 500 AGL at night if the system was tight and the
crew felt OK about things.

Owl sends.
--
Mike Kanze

436 Greenbrier Road
Half Moon Bay, California 94019-2259
USA

650-726-7890

"When was the last time in world history in which 'suicide' and 'martyrdom'
were the code of enlightened action admired by any society?"

- Roy Fassel (WALL STREET JOURNAL, 10/27/03)

"Doug "Woody" and Erin Beal" wrote in message
On 11/2/03 9:56 AM, in article

,
"Pechs1" wrote:
[rest snipped]