Old November 3rd 03, 04:16 AM
Elmshoot

Mike/Woody,
In the 80's and early 90's
Day VFR 200' if the route allowed. Night TC we used 1000' I did go down to 500'
in certain approved areas. ie; Bordman.
For weapons delivery what ever was allowed in the tac manual.
I used 100' /300kias for a laydown on the nuke delivery at Fallon was it B-16?
Not very tactical but I always got a bull.
We were doing a night anti boghammer exercise in the IO and I ws using 100'
500kias for the profile. the plane would do 520
Sparky

Not sure, but I THINK that on the OB-16 route (Eastern Oregon canyons) A-6s
were authorized lower than 500 AGL at night if the system was tight and the
crew felt OK about things.

Owl sends.