Old October 19th 10, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.military,rec.aviation.military.naval,sci.military.naval
H. Wilker

Default Top Gun 2

In article ,
Ed Rasimus wrote:

I wrote all three. (Fighter Pilot in collaboration with Robin Olds'
daughter.)

I have, of course, read the first two. The last is on my list...

There is plenty of material out there and a screenplay adaptation
isn't what is holding such a film back.

Then I wonder what is? I have the feeling that the day-to-day life in a
Cold War fighter squadron is quite interesting enough for those writing
and lurking in these groups; for box office success, however, there
probably needs to be some added drama. That might be provided by adding
an exercise that almost manages to trigger WW III - as "Able Archer 83"
reportedly did.

Cheers

Helge