Old October 25th 20, 04:19 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
andy l

Default The Apology

On Saturday, 24 October 2020 at 22:51:31 UTC+1, wrote:
Hugh, the term is Feminazi, it is a pejorative that refers to women as strong willed whom demand social equity and equality. Personally, I am a huge advocate of social equity between genders and race. What I do not support is the efforts of the feminazi movement to make every aspect of their perceived sexist displays as an opportunity to advance their agenda at the expense of others. In this case it was the SSA, SSF and the Editor. Do I believe that the apologies should have been issued, NO, what should have happened is that the targeted victims should have simply explained the actual meaning of the illustration. Yes, the SSA, SSF and the Editor were targeted, make no mistake about it.
Now about defunding the WSPA, I would do that tomorrow, it should be combined into the general soaring community and not hold separate classifications. combine all contestants into a single group, "Glider Pilots". I know of several female pilots that would hold their own against men, like Linda said, "Bring It ON". Last time I looked the female glider pilots were flying white gliders and not pink.
As for me, I owe no apology, I have extended an invitation to Linda that I hope she accepts, but she will have to clean up her vulgarity.

Bob-

I'm sorry that women expressing their displeasure with an advertisement and then being taken seriously is such a threat to your way of life that you would continue to refer to them as "nazis".

Now, have you ever considered that the WSPA exists because of the fact that there are people in this world who find their way of life threatened over something as simple as women being taken seriously when they voice a complaint? So seriously in fact that they will invent incendiary terms relating them Nazi's and Fascists?

Probably not. Because you are used to being taken seriously when you complain about things.

-Hugh

With respect to the last point, I really can't see why most people would take this person's complaints seriously

It's almost like a satirical spoof, sending up such misogynistic attitudes, except apparently sincere