Old May 25th 10, 12:17 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tony[_5_]

Default Barographs?

On May 24, 6:11*pm, "BT" wrote:
Tony.. check with "The Badge Lady".. a couple of years ago we were the only
ones to submit a badge claim with a barograph. I think there are two left in
the club. There were some FAI rules changes that may not allow a mechanical
barograph any more.

Calibration requirements with mechanical barographs are a lot more stringent
than with an approved logger.
And turn point photo's are still required for out and back flights.

Bill

Bill,

read the sporting code. It was updated last October.

Barographs are still perfectly acceptable for all badge flights except
Diamond Goal. Turn Point photos no longer exist as far as the FAI is
concerned. The only way to fly a pre declared task any more is with a
gps logger.

I recently OO'd a Silver Distance/Altitude flight using a barograph
and it was approved yesterday.