Old September 18th 04, 04:52 AM
Roger Halstead

On Fri, 17 Sep 2004 19:19:11 GMT, "Cy Galley"
wrote:

Really doesn't matter when we start. There are always those that flyin or
drive in early to get the good spots and avoid the rush. We always have a
plane or three that need repair 3 days before the convention starts. There
are those that drive in and set up their camp when the camp grounds open on
July 1st.

I don't think there were more than a dozen planes on the field (for
the fly-in) the last time I flew over. Course I arrived over a week
early as one of the chairmen (computers in homebuilts) and worked.
After the first year I always arrived well before the ripon arrival
was active and that year I was IFR to a straight in on 27.

(N833R, S# CD-2 Worlds oldest Debonair)
www.rogerhalstead.com