Old January 31st 05, 03:26 PM

Doug wrote:

I wonder if the scheduled airlines that come in to KSUN have private
approaches. But regardless, I am sure they have special "balked
landing" procedures because if you are close, flying the charted missed
doesn't always work. This is the kind of stuff that caused the crash of
the jet at Aspen. I'm with Mike here. At any rate, I'd have to KNOW
that I could make it to proceed. No maybes. And seeing the ground but
not seeing the airport wouldn't be enough.

I've never heard of any specials for that airport. The terrain is pretty
dicy close in