Old January 31st 09, 07:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
toad

Default Short Wings Gliders

On Jan 31, 1:22*pm, Bob Kuykendall wrote:
On Jan 31, 2:15*am, Derek Copeland wrote:

What is not fun (i.e. dull) is sitting in a farmers field for hours while
you wait for someone to come and collect you after a land out...

Call me strange, but some of my most entertaining adventures have been
outlandings and retrieves. All of my most memorable flights have been
where I almost landed out, and scraped away from a field or dry lake
to make final glide. As in rock climbing, it's the contrast between
risk and reward that puts the true spark in it.

Thanks, Bob K.

Yeah, but there is a limit to the number of landouts that qualify as
fun. Every once in a while is fun. On every other flight is not
fun.

Todd