Old March 17th 10, 01:02 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
chasers03

Default Licensing order

On Mar 15, 11:54*pm, JS wrote:
Similar to Guy:
Glider at least to solo. Learn what the wings do.
ASEL to Private. Learn the additional bits. (take a written test)
Glider add-on. (no second written test) Enjoy.
Jim

I got the private + instrument first and recently got a glider rating
for my motor glider. In hind site I would have been a much better
pilot ie "knowing what the wings really do", if I had gotten my glider
rating first plus it would have given me the much needed tail dragger
experience. Soooo Glider first and power second or maybe as JS says
to do above.