Old August 8th 03, 06:10 PM
Steve

Pinholes are not a problem. Infusing the resing fills all voids, even under
high vacuum. Unlike hand layup vacuum bag, high vacuums can pull resin into
the bleeder, and result in pinholes. You may not completely fill the weave
on the surface, depending on vacuum level. You can always reduce vacuum
near the end of infuson to get a higher resin ratio.

--

Steve G
281-376-2682

Remove the 'NS' from my email address to reply.
"Ernest Christley" wrote in message
Steve wrote:

This can be a problem, but is easily avoided. My web site shows an
injection technique that I used when I started. Since I have changed my
infusion strategies. However, the feeder line as you see it could leave

lump or impression in the surface. The way I do it now, there is no
problems. Check my web site again in a week or so, as I plan on

updating it
soon with some new pictures.

I've got it bookmarked and will keep checking back. The wings of the
Delta are fiberglass, and are laid up on a flat surface and then mated
to the ribs. You basically have an 8'x8' triangle that has to be wetted
out at once. A technique that could eliminate the hurry and provide
better results would be a godsend.

Do you have any problems with pinholes?
--
----Because I can----