Old April 6th 06, 03:11 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning

Default Flying from Vegas to Carson City

The NACO charts are not wrong.. the markings you mention say "fuel available
and field attended during normal working hours", there is NO FBO at Jean, so
the field is UNattended... the markings are correct.

You may find the Jump School in business or the local Glider Ride
operations, but neither of them provide maintenance or FBO services. They
are not "attendants" to service the transient.

BT

"Mike Noel" wrote in message
Thanks very much for the information. Jean looks like a much better fuel
stop. I was fooled by the way it was charted. I see in the Jeppesen data
base in my GPS that it is listed as having Jet and Av fuel. Jeppesen does
show it with service tabs on thier software version of the chart. I
wonder if the NACO charts are just wrong or there must be an attendant for
them to tab thier symbols?
--
Best Regards,
Mike
"smackey" wrote in message
oups.com...
Don't worry about the Restricted Airspace to the East. It's Area 51,
and doesn't really exist.