Old August 5th 08, 12:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Bob Noel

Default OSH: Icon A5 presentation

In article ,
"Peter Dohm" wrote:

My best guess is that it would not be permitted to
fly under IFR at night; because the Rotax 912 is not certified to a
standard
compatible with night IFR.

huh? What's the night IFR standard for a certified engine?

I couldn't remember it at the time of my post, but someone else did--part
33. And IIRC, it's part 35 for the prop.

Is there a particular part of Part 33 that is applicable to night IFR?
I searched for "IFR", "night", a "instrument" without finding any
specific certification standards for night IFR.

What engine certification standard would be compatible with Day VFR
and *not* also be compatible night IFR?

--
Bob Noel
(goodness, please trim replies!!!)