Old September 15th 08, 11:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.piloting
Dudley Henriques[_2_]

Default Airplanes and Brakes?

On Sep 15, 6:05*pm, "Viperdoc" wrote:
As I recall it was somewhere in the range of around 250psi, and the
magnesium wheels have a blow out plug to keep the thing from exploding.
However, I still wouldn't want to be anywhere near if the thing let go.

We taxied up next to one with hot brakes, which we called on the radio, and
I couldn't wait until the ordinance guys did their check to get out of
there- it seemed like the wheel was pointing right at us.

Sort of like staring into a loaded bomb I would imagine.