Old April 24th 04, 08:34 PM
J Harris

Eric Pinnell wrote:
I am having a dispute with a literary agent and I am conducting
this on-line book survey to add ammunition to my argument. I would
greatly appreciate it if you could answer this survey honestly, but
please dot not send answers via email. Thanks.

1) Who are you favorite espionage/war authors and why?

Clancy, Some Coonts,

2) Who are your least enjoyable espionage/war authors and why?

The guy who wrote Circle William. I quit after two chapters.
Unbelievable premise, poor writing, cliched.

3) What determines if the book you read is a keeper or a reject?

It has to grab my interest and it MUST be believable in a real-world
frame of reference.

4) Other than 38 North Yankee and Red Phoenix, have you read any books
about a war in Korea? If so, what are the titles?

First chapter of Steel Rain. The same applies as to Circle William.

5) Assuming a book was well written about a war in Korea, would you
read it, or do you believe the Korea scenario has been overdone?

Burned to a crisp.

6) Do you prefer war or espionage stories?

Both

7) What story would you like to read?

8) Do you still buy espionage/war novels, or do you feel that the
genre is overdone?

Just bought a book of short stories edited by Stephen Coonts, entitled
Victory - Call to Arms. Three stories, excellently done. I'm looking
for the rest of the series.

9) If you've reduced or stopped purchasing espionage/war novels, what
other genres do you read instead?

Eric Pinnell

(Author, "Steel Rain", "Claws of The Dragon", "The Omega File")

For a preview, see: http://www.ericpinnell.com/books/previews.shtml

Eric, Have you been to the DMZ or done much research on how it's setup?
Or how the ROK is organized? Might be worth a look.

John