Old March 29th 20, 02:24 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Richard DalCanto

Default Soaring already DOA for the season???

On Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 11:23:47 PM UTC-6, Mike the Strike wrote:
On Saturday, March 28, 2020 at 9:37:35 PM UTC-7, Duster wrote:
This link has the essentials of the full WSJ article

https://www.washingtonexaminer.com/n...rate?_amp=true

Reports from the UK say much the same about unidentified cases, speculating that they could be 10 to 100 times greater than the confirmed cases. They have now identified that the disease was spreading in England in mid January and could have led to over 10,000 cases before the first one was identified a month or so later. There could have been around 100,000 cases in Britain at the beginning of March. I was there then!

In late February and early March, I, my wife and sister-in-law all went down with flu-like symptoms eerily similar to those reported for coronavirus.. My wife and I had travelled from TUS via LAX and LHR, picking up a rental car in London. Sure, it could have been regular flu or some other virus, but I am actually hoping it was the new one and that I now have some immunity.

Not sure I'd want to be the one opening up society, though!

Mike

In the US they are only testing people with symptoms who think they have it, but 90% or so come back negative. So chances are you did NOT have Covid-19, but rather the common cold or flu.