Old April 5th 20, 08:39 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Martin Gregorie[_6_]

Default ASW-15 Impressions

On Sun, 05 Apr 2020 12:18:19 -0700, Dan Daly wrote:

[ASW-15] Offset CG hook (we winched) so it yawed at the start of
the roll.

The SZD Junior is also infamous for its offset CG hook, but we still
convert new solo pilots onto it on the winch. Its not too bad unless
there's a cross-wind from the right, in which case it *will* yaw a bit.

If you can successfully deal with winching a Junior in a right hand cross-
wind, you can probably handle crosswinds/offset hooks in any other
glider. At least the Junior has a central, nose mounted aerotow hook.

--
Martin | martin at
Gregorie | gregorie dot org