Old December 29th 07, 07:37 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Shirl

Default CFIs

Steve Davis wrote:
The 2-33 doesn't have to die. In a well marketed winch
launch operation a 2-33 could be used as a single seat fun
ride for experienced pilots, especially if you have a winch
launch operation that can do very high launches. A new
pilot with low flight time could take a friend for a thrill ride
and let them use the back seat. Just do introductory rides
and flight training in a nice glass ship.

I learned to fly in a 2-33. I was only rode in the back twice but didn't
find it uncomfortable. The 2-33 gets so much bad press. Why? I flew the
Grob, too, but always felt more "at home" in the 2-33. Maybe it's just
what you get used to? Took my sis-in-law for a ride in the 2-33 after
getting my license, and she said it was an "E-ticket ride", so I guess
you're right, but I was never that uncomfortable in it.