Old December 9th 03, 03:45 AM
Scott Ferrin

On 8 Dec 2003 17:50:29 -0800, (Tony
Williams) wrote:

Scott Ferrin wrote in message . ..
On 8 Dec 2003 10:14:03 +0100,
(Urban Fredriksson)
wrote:

In article ,
Keith Willshaw wrote:

Then again the control authority of modern aorcraft is higher
and the fly by wire control system can compensate for
gyroscopic forces rather better than a human being.

And assymetric recoil as well I assume, but I think I read
that test firing of the F-22's gun induced yaw, but little
enough that the pilot easily could compensate, which must
mean the FCS doesn't try to.

The would really surprise me as the thing tries to use control
surfaces to account for little bumps and gusts on the runway :-)

I understand that pressing the firing button for the off-centre gun in
the F-16 and F-15 automatically adjusts the rudder to compensate for
yaw.

I know it does on the F-16 but I don't know if it does on the -15