Old May 18th 18, 10:23 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Becker AR 620x radio - seems a little quiet?

I finally got my new radio wired, the audio seems a little quiet compared to the old Dittel 71. Same speaker, 4 ohm as spec'd. I remember the Dittel being pretty loud, kept the volume knob set to the lower half of rotation. The Becker even at 100% is far from earsplitting, and maybe not loud enough at speed or with the engine running. Both the Becker and Dittel spec'd at 4W audio power into 4 ohms.

Has anybody experienced this?