Old May 19th 18, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
jfitch

Default Becker AR 620x radio - seems a little quiet?

On Saturday, May 19, 2018 at 1:15:08 AM UTC-7, Tim Newport-Peace wrote:
At 21:23 18 May 2018, jfitch wrote:
I finally got my new radio wired, the audio seems a little quiet compared
t=
o the old Dittel 71. Same speaker, 4 ohm as spec'd. I remember the Dittel
b=
eing pretty loud, kept the volume knob set to the lower half of rotation..

=
The Becker even at 100% is far from earsplitting, and maybe not loud
enough=
at speed or with the engine running. Both the Becker and Dittel spec'd

at
=
4W audio power into 4 ohms.

Has anybody experienced this?

At risk of asking the obvious, is you speaker wired across P1-1/P1-14 and
not the headset pins?

I the configuration:
Is speaker ticked in IN/OUT CFG1/2?
Is SPKR VOL SRC set to Primary?

Speaker is correctly wired and turned on in CFG. There is no back seat, and no second control - though it is mounted remotely using one control. "SPKR VOL SRC set to Primary?" - that I will check. I can vary the volume with the knob, it just doesn't go very high. At 100%, it is about as loud as the Dittel was on 1/3, using the same speaker.