Old September 30th 06, 12:18 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt,rec.aviation.piloting
Sylvain

Default Flyboys Movie: the aircraft

Ebby wrote:

CGI planes are better than the models on strings from older pictures but I
wish they could program some fuzzy logic into the algorithms so the planes
moved more realistically.

I haven't seen this movie yet, will probably go this weekend, but what
I have noticed with CGI planes in movies is that the shots are always
'perfect', I mean, no camera shaking, always good lighting, always
correctly framed; which might be one reason why the thing does not
look 'real' especially in action scenes, because intuitively we do
expect imperfections; I mean even if the flight model is in fact
perfect as well. The only tv serie / movie where I have seen a
deliberate effort to introduce imperfections in CGI scenes were the
sci-fi serie firefly / serenity, and it is pretty effective...

--Sylvain