Old June 4th 08, 07:12 AM posted to rec.aviation.homebuilt
Morgans[_2_]

Default Got a problem with my wooden spar.

"351DP" wrote in message
It sounds like you have the right idea, AC43 gives good guidence, a
good repair job can potentially be stronger than the original stock

See Page 1-15 of the link
http://www.airweb.faa.gov/Regulatory_and_Guidance_Library/rgAdvisoryCircular.nsf/0/99c827db9baac81b86256b4500596c4e/$FILE/Chapter%2001.pdf

Yep, you can't go wrong following AC-43.

I would add one caution, though. (to the OP)

Be careful about beefing the joint up with a bunch of doublers and stuff.
You could make that area so strong that it creates a stressed area where the
repair ends. Out towards the tip, that is likely to not be much of a
problem, as if it were closer to the middle or root of the wing, but it
still is worth thinking about.
--
Jim in NC