Old June 18th 10, 03:20 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Spot 2 vs Spot 1

On Jun 18, 7:02*am, Stephen wrote:
I searched but could not find any identified issues with Spot 2
RECENTLY. Are the SPOT 2 devices working well? Or should I purchase a
SPOT 1. *Thanks, Steve

I replaced my earlier SPOT with the new SPOT 2. I LIKE IT. The buttons
are user-friendly. Battery life has not been an issue (It worked well
throughout the Region 9 contest at El Tiro on the same batteries it
came with, and that I had already used on flights back at homebase).

My favorite feature is the Comment button. Every couple of hours, I'll
send an OK message. But my sons can't tell which one is the last OK
message for the day. With the addition of the comment button, at the
end of the day I send the comment, "Done flying for the day. All is
well." With this, my sons don't have to wonder whether or not I'm
still flying.

Raul Boerner