Old April 29th 13, 10:55 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Bart[_4_]

Default EE help please - - locating Schottky diode

On Apr 29, 2:34*pm, wrote:
Thanks Bart and te...understood. Out of curiosity, what is the proper way to strain relief a diode?

I have used zip ties for this purpose. Here's an example:
https://picasaweb.google.com/lh/phot...t=d irectlink

In your case, you could connect the three diodes together at your on/
off switch, solder the + wires to each diode and the zip tie each wire
to a convenient anchor. You may want to put heat shrink on the solder
joints, but leave the diode cases exposed.

If you use self-adhesive zip tie anchors like I did, do not count on
the adhesive lasting long. It's much better to remove all the adhesive
and just use CA glue.

Bart