Old April 19th 09, 04:32 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
MarkHawke7

Default Link info for Perry SPOT tracking

All,
This is just a reminder that the below that my tracking application is
active for Perry. Tomorrow is the official practice day at Perry and
you will be able to following those SPOT-equipped participants using
the below links on both Google Earth and Google Maps. There are only
6 SPOTS currently registered but Frank will undoubtedly be getting
more into the system tomorrow and the following day.

Later!

-Mark
On Apr 9, 7:25*am, Frank wrote:
Here's are the URLS for SPOT tracking at Perry.

Google Earth KML -http://perrytracking.appjet.net/files/perrytracking.kml
Google Maps HMTL -http://perrytracking.appjet.net/files/perrytracking.htm

The Google Maps link (the one that ends with .HTM) and it will open
Google Maps in a browser window and show the waypoints, task, and
tracking info from any active SPOT units (nothing at the moment, of
course). *To view the Google Earth version you need to first download
the .kml file using the above link, and then double-click on it to run
it in Google Earth. *Of course, you'll need Google Earth installed on
your PC to do this ;-).

Using either method, anyone anywhere can watch the action at Perry in
real time. *Mark or I will make sure each day's task is displayed on
the Google Maps and Google Earth presentation. *f you have a SPOT unit
or are thinking of getting one, this is a great way to enhance your
personal safety odds in the event of a mishap, and increase the
visibility of the sport in general.

I If you have a SPOT but don't know how to configure it for display on
the above sites, I'll be happy to help. I'll be at Perry starting
about the 16th.

Frank (TA)