Old February 12th 07, 11:44 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
CWO4 Dave Mann

Default Overstressed King Air

Yes Alan, you are correct and my face is somewhat red. Most of the
C12/B200 accidents I know about were due to the old collapsing landing
gear syndrome.

I am voting for a falling piece of ice from FL 500 dumped by the Area 51
Latest Stealth job.

Cheers,

Dave

Alan wrote:
Dave,
I take issue at "finding the responsible mech".
In over 20 years of working on the model 200 I saw only one cracked
windshield was as a result of an improper installation (and it wasn't me so
don't go there). More often than not, it was turning on the W/S anti-ice on
later in climbout or at cruise that the pane cracked due to cold soak and
the resulting thermal shock. I think our heroic crew may share some
culpability on this miracle of survival. I don't know about the new one's
coming out but you have to arm the oxygen system to make it available for
use on the King Air. It's on the prestart checklist.
Change 0c. to 5.
Change 5. to 5a.

Alan

"CWO4 Dave Mann" wrote in message
. ..
Mitchell Holman wrote:
"Alan" wrote in
:

Passed on to me from a friend - evidently the pilot's windshield

cracked
at 27k feet, the crew dumped pressurization per the checklist and

donned
oxygen - only there wasn't any coming to the masks. They passed out and
woke up at about 7000 ft and had to pull out of the dive.

Sounds like grounds for litigation to me...........

0. Remember that the flight recorder hears every word
0a. "Ah, non-pertinent remark"
0b. "Wonder what bird flies at FL27?
0c. "I smell something, is that you?"

1. Perform Preflight checklist -- O2 pressure in limits?

2. Don O2 masks and confirm supply switches on auto

3. In-flight emergency checklist
3a. Call out mayday or Pan message to ATC
3b. Squawk transponder to emergency
3c. Begin descent
3d. Alert Pax, if any
3e. Reduce pressure with steady downward reduction curve

4. RTB and find the responsible mech
4a. Punch his lights out
4b Call the boss tell him his plane is a no go for tomorrow's
Gambler's Special and Hookers Hook-up in Las Vegas

5. Change underwear

6. Go to nearest church and thank G-d

7. Get drunk as a skunk