Old November 16th 04, 01:10 AM
Bill Daniels

Use a graphics program to lay out the labels. Print onto glossy photo paper
with a really good ink jet printer then get it laminated at Kinkos. You
will have to trim and cut holes for the breakers. Clamp it to the panel
with the breaker retaining nuts.

It won't look like a bizjet panel but it will look a lot better than label
maker stuff and it can be easily removed when you want something better.

"John Galban" wrote in message
om...
My buddy and I were putting the finishing touches on the RV-10
instrument panel this weekend, when we got to wondering about how to
label the breakers.

He's found a place across town that will silk screen the lettering
onto the painted panel. This presents a bit a of a pain in the butt
logistically and will also be pricey.

We were wondering if there are any good "do-it-yourself" ways to put
lettering on the instrument panel. On the RV-6 he used a label maker
with clear tape and black lettering. This looked good at first, but
the label material eventually yellowed and the labels proved to be
very difficult to remove and replace without scratching the panel's
paint.

So, does anyone have any recommendations? We're open to
suggestions.

Thanks,

John Galban=====N4BQ (PA28-180)