Old August 8th 03, 06:45 AM
Big John

Sydney

In the Nuc business there are very strict codes that have to be
followed both in the office AND OUT. Any deviation from what is
considered normal is subject to close scrutiny and if true out you go.
Safety is paramount and crazy behavior is a key item that will get you
booted.

It's even stricter than the PC 'race card' that we see exploited so
often now days.

Some of the rants I've seen here, if the individual is still active in
the Nuc business, would get him thrown out.

With Home Land Security added on, things are getting tighter than a
drum head.

Nuff said.

Big John

Things that may be written about me, don't worry Sydney.

1. Have a lot filtered now and can filter more.
2. Have broad shoulders and can carry the weight of the world on them
(like I have in the past).

On 7 Aug 2003 20:25:14 -0700, (Snowbird)
wrote:

(Mike Gaspard) wrote in message . com...

Would you gents mind changing the Subject: line? Evidently
the target couldn't care less, but I find it somewhat unbecoming
to propegate ill natured personal attacks on a veteran of our armed
forces. Especially foul-mouthed attacks which complain of
behavior the attacker has previously indulged in himself
(threatening to get someone fired on the basis of newsgroup
posts, which of course is not what happened here just what's
being complained of as best I can tell. FWIW)

I knew a guy when I was in the Air Force that got his clearance
yanked. Some O.S.I. agents were doing a routine (supposedly) security
check on the Data Processing Center where he worked, and asked if he
knew of any weaknesses in the system. So he says, "Oh sure, I could
trash this thing so bad you wouldn't believe it".

Boom. Goodbye clearance.

Well, there may be more basis to it, but it wouldn't surprise me.

In one of Feynman's books he describes how he identified a security
breach, where he could obtain the last number of the secure file
drawer combinations if the drawer was left open. He reported it
along with suggestions to fix the problem. The result was a memo
to everyone that they had to write a report and change their
combination if Feynman entered their office. Yeah, that fixed
the problem.

Cheers,
Sydney