Old October 26th 20, 09:11 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Michael Bamberg

Default Soaring Club Financials

The Willamette Valley Soaring Club was shutdown from several months in the spring, opening in late May. We followed a set of COVID guidelines, which included no intro rides to the public. Our location is right next to the highway and we get a lot of drive by customers for the intro rides. The revenue from those rides is sorely missed!

We did reduce our fleet insurance from flight to storage status, saving some money, and only had gliders on the field that were producing revenue to cover the added cost of flight insurance. Tow and glider rental rates were raised and overall we're going to end the year (closing this weekend) with what we hope is enough to pay expenses through the winter.

Next spring is going to need a gang-buster start to keep us solvent without asking a big donation from all the members.

MikeB