Old March 11th 07, 12:21 PM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Blueskies

Default You know you own an airplane when...

"Doug Vetter" wrote in message ...

: Well, my Cessna was type certificated under CAR 3, so I doubt part 21
: applies (probably would to the "new" Cessnas).
:
: A few years back I went over this when we were refurbishing the airbox.
: My mechanic told me that we weren't allowed to fabricate parts IF
: there was an approved part available (presumably from any
: manufacturer...PMA or OE). I remember this because he said an airbox
: cost $1100 so we should make every attempt to save it (and we did).
:
: -Doug
:

That is 100% not true...