Old June 30th 05, 03:27 PM
Don Johnstone

It's why I did it Todd, to demonstrate that my post
is within the rules yet Paul's is not. They both convey
the same message and they are definitely something
that we as glider pilots want to know about and could
be an advantage to us. In those circumstances I feel
that we could 'cut him a little slack'. Paul has been
honest and completely up front bringing something to
our notice. While I accept that there are rules to
prevent abuse such a one off and advantageous offer
is newsworthy as well as being of commerical use.

Please accept my post was not a swipe at anyone, just
a humourous comment on quirky rules.

Having said that I can also see the need to not let
the forum develop into a series of adverts. Perhaps
a private e-mail to 'transgressors' would be more friendly
and if that did not work a puplic flogging could follow.

Now Paul, about that free................. :-)

At 13:36 30 June 2005, T O D D P A T T I S T wrote:
Don, as long as you have no financial interest in Paul's
business, you have every right to post this. If it
was done
this way, I would not have commented. It's not the
information I objected to, it was the direct and clear
violation of a rule I think is important by someone
who knew
he was violating the rule when he posted. If you think
Paul's offer is noteworthy and want to comment on it,
you
are free to do so.

Contrast Paul's commercial post with Tim Mara's last
post.
IIRC, Tim posted something like: 'Gee I'm sorry for
posting
this commercial message, but I'd like anyone to know
that
the manufacturer of the whatsit is allowing a free
exchange
of their old model whatsit for the improved current
model
whatsit.' Since Tim made no money from the free exchange,
it was not a commercial post and did not violate the
rules,
but TIm was still concerned enough to apologize for
what
might have been seen as a commercial post since it
came from
a commercial entity.

Don Johnstone
wrote:

I have just heard some very good news, Paul Remde at
Cumulus Soaring, Inc. http://www.cumulus-soaring.com/lx.htm
has a really good deal on the LX7000 Pro ICG. The LX7007
Pro IGC is the newest version of what was previously
the LX7000 Pro IGC. The new version offers a faster
processor, more memory (I think) for waypoints, airspace
and flight logs, and can provide 5V power for a Pocket
PC.

He is now offering the LX7000 Pro IGC unit at a reduced
price of $3995 (US $) which is $500 below the market
price.

This was such good news that even thought I live in
the UK I had to share it with you.

DJ
ASW17 401
Norfolk UK

Ps I am not selling anything at all.

T o d d P a t t i s t - 'WH' Ventus C
(Remove DONTSPAMME from address to email reply.)