Old January 16th 07, 12:39 AM posted to rec.aviation.owning
Frank Stutzman

Default Cherokee 235 vs Trinidad vs Comanche

Newps wrote:
Matt Whiting wrote:
If only Beech made a high-wing Bo. :-)

Thats what inverted flight is for ;-)

The one thing I miss is two doors. Loading in the rain is irrelavant as
I don't fly in the rain, I live out West. I also miss sitting under the
wing up in the mountains but this is minor.

I'm not a particularly tall person so I find I can sit under the
ruddervators and it works almost as well as a cessna wing.

Its been 10 years since I flew anything but the Bonanza, but before that I
had some time in a 182 and almost bought a Commanche.

The only thing I remember about the 182 was how truck like the handling
was, especially in pitch. Probably not a big deal if one is travelling
cross country, but sometimes I like a mild yank and bank. My earlier
Bonanza is much more fun than that.

The Commanche sure was nice looking on the ground, but the view from the
inside was like being in a cave. Probably really wasn't that bad the the
plane I was looking at had a sort of a dark orange interior that probably
didn't help the situation.

--
Frank Stutzman
Bonanza N494B "Hula Girl"