Old June 22nd 11, 06:16 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Tim Mara

Default Clearing out Moisture from Instrumentation Lines

disconnect any tubes you want to clear from the instruments and then at the
static or pitot source use a small vacuum to draw (suck) the air from the
lines rather than trying to blow air into the lines. Blowing air into the
lines you risk putting enough pressure that you can expand the tubes and
blow them off the sockets that are buried in the glider structure..and then
you'll wish your problem was having a bit of moisture in your instruments!
tim
Please visit the Wings & Wheels website at www.wingsandwheels.com

"KevinFinke" wrote in message
Working on my glider last night, and noticed that my static lines seem
to be more hazy than the others. It looks like there is a very fine
film of moisture on the tubing. I'm going to be putting in moisture/
filter traps on the lines, but before I do that, is there a
recommended way of drying them out a bit first?

Was thinking of blowing some low pressure air through them for a few
minutes first. Obviously, they'll be disconnected from the
instruments. Has anyone else dealt with this? And what did you do?

Thanks!

signature database 6229 (20110622) __________

http://www.eset.com

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 6229 (20110622) __________