Old October 2nd 11, 03:46 AM posted to rec.aviation.soaring
Ramy

Default XCSoar Questions

On Oct 1, 3:04*am, Max Kellermann wrote:
Ramy wrote:
Except maybe for integrating with flarm in addition to 302? Will
this require the K6Mux in addition to the K6bt?

No, just K6-Bt. *If you want to connect multiple loggers/varios/...,
then you can use multiple K6-Bt (I have two adapters, one for CAI302
and one for FLARM, to have airspeed/vario data and traffic data at the
same time). *K6-Mux is a deprecated product for legacy hardware.

When I dig more into the various accessories needed, I find the
pricing, hmm, interesting...
- The amazing software, accumulative of many developers hours, is
free!
- The hardware is priced right ($200-$400)
- The accessories are expensive (BT adapters, mountings etc)
- The cables are down right outragously expensive ($45-75$ for a DB9
to RJ-11/USB!!) are they made of gold??
Obviously I am in the wrog business, writing software. Should make
cables instead...
Anyone can recommend a more reasonable source to purchase those
cables?

Ramy