Old November 19th 07, 10:44 AM posted to sci.military.naval,rec.aviation.military.naval
dott.Piergiorgio

Default Russian Carrier Plans Part One

Fred J. McCall ha scritto:

I guess you're just a stupid troll who is unable to correct his own
ignorance and so has to engage in stupid strawman arguments, as above.

Hint: I know more about the Soviet Navy and Soviet shipbuilding than
you ever will.

Hint: There's a big difference between 'naval shipbuilding' and
suddenly building and operating a bunch of carrier battle groups.

Hint: The United States, with a bigger shipbuilding establishment,
more money, and a long history of carrier aviation and everything
associated with it, NEVER build at the rate the Russians claim they
are going to sustain.

Hint: The Russians talk about a lot of things. They actually do very
few of them. Just think of it as a modern version of Potemkin
Villages.

Dear Fred:

Let's return to the topic. I known that you known well about soviet
Navy, in your opinion, the (relatively) little knowledge in CV
construction accrued by the soviet, through Moskvas, Kievs and
Kutnetzovs is lost in the last 15 or so years or not ? IMHO this is the
key issue, after all the Kutnetzov seems to be active in the Russian
Navy, so, it's feasible that they can design & engineer starting from
the existing prototype (Kutnetzov) ?

Let's leave trolls and loons aside, and keep on Naval course

Best regards from Italy,
Dott. Piergiorgio.