Old July 11th 03, 06:29 AM
J. Severyn

The replacement time for the remote panel is not very explicit compared to
the main unit.

The main unit batteries must be replaced "upon reaching the date marked upon
each cell" (page 1 of installation and operation manual 08-12-98).

For the remote unit, page 7 states "under normal operating conditions the
lithium battery must be replaced every eight years. Alkaline type
cells....may be used in place of the lithium cell. Under normal operating
conditions the alkaline battery must be replaced every four years." (notice
no reference to a date marked on the cell regarding the remote panel unit).

John Severyn
N24495

"Jim Weir" wrote in message
(JDupre5762)

-an ACK ELT transmitter that the batteries still had to be replaced every

two
-years regardless. Am I wrong. If I am right then replacing the

transmitter
-and remote batteries at the same time would keep that problem from

happening.

You are wrong. The Duracell batteries that the TSO requires has an

expiration
date printed on the side of the battery. The expiration date for the

batteries
is the printed date. There IS no remote battery replacement requirement.