Old July 13th 03, 08:53 PM
Bill Hale

(MikeremlaP) wrote in message ...
Am wondering if there's a design flaw in the ACK E-01 ELT or just an anomaly?
Our unit went off by itself today because the battery in the remote panel mount
indicator died, triggering the ELT, and I'd like to know if anyone else has had
this happen?

Ack-Ack! You sure drew the flak!

Your posting is really useful. One would have to guess that this
is at least a design oversight... com'on, Jim & defenders, having
the remote battery die set off the thing can't be considered good
practice!

At any rate, thanks for posting. Since the intervals for the main
batterys and the remote are different, it's easy to get messed up.
As the consequence isn't good, I'm going to make a habit of replacing
the remote every time I replace the main D-cells which is a fairly
long interval.

If everyone took this position, some ugly future AD might be avoided.

Thanks for the post, Mike. A good use of the Internet!! Bill Hale
--whose flashlights runneth over with NOS D-cells.

ps: Now where do we find the little li cells?