Old February 10th 04, 03:27 PM
Casey Wilson

"Newps" wrote in message
news:En6Wb.265751$I06.2851145@attbi_s01...

Hilton wrote:

Hi,

Plug a tiny microphone into your camcorder and stick it in the cup of

your
headset. Works amazingly well, cheap, no messing with wires/impedences

etc,
and you get both the intercom and ambient (engine etc) sounds.

Yes, but you don't get what the pilot says over the radio or intercom.
I have a Sony camcorder and you simply get a cord with a stereo minijack
at either end if your camcorder is stereo, if it's mono get a mono plug
on either end. You will need a mini to regular jack adapter for the
airplane end. If someone will be sitting in the copilot seat then also
get a Y adapter so the audio can go to both the passenger and the camera.

Eh? Are you sure you don't hear yourself when you talk on the intercom or
radio? My intercom has a sidetone that carries my voice quite nicely into
the Radio Shack ceramic button mike that I have plugged into a digital voice
recorder. The tiny mike is unnoticable when stuck into the headset cup. It
could be plugged into the camcorder just as well as the voice recorder.