Old January 19th 04, 06:47 AM
Bruce

Hi Bill

will put some pictures of the sorry heap on our club website. Just have
to get to it to take them. Will post here once they are up.

Thanks
Bruce Greeff

Bill Daniels wrote:
"c1rrus" wrote in message

Current design has a crude castellated gear (I would not glorify it to
refer to it as a dog clutch)
This slides from side to side so that it is completely disengaged in the
centre and engages one or the other half shaft when moved to either side.
There is an interconnected disk brake that locks the undriven half shaft.

One problem is that this leaves the diff spinning one way or the other
on every launch. Now Borg-Warner make a good product but I doubt the
engineers had his treatment in mind...
Another problem is the poorly supported axle to the drum.

Can you post some photos of this somewhere?

Bill Daniels