Old May 20th 06, 07:13 PM posted to rec.aviation.ifr

Default Vector altitude for ILS below GS intercept altitude?

If you're in the Bravo airspace they WILL assign you an altitude or
expect that you keep the one you are on. I've been assigned "wrong way"
VFR altitudes while in the Bravo airspace to fit in with their plans.
Once you exit the Bravo you are expected to fly proper VFR altitudes for
your direction.

Tim Auckland wrote:
Probably not relevant at TPL, but are controllers allowed (or
required?) to assign altitiudes to VFR aircraft in Class B?

(I'd always assumed "yes" without giving it much thought.)

I often get vectors for practice BJC ILS29R approaches while VFR.
The vectors take me into DEN Class B. I'm invariably given altitudes
as well as headings, which I appreciate as I'm trying to practice IFR
proceures.

Tim.

On Sat, 20 May 2006 00:00:23 GMT, "Steven P. McNicoll"
wrote:

Have you ever asked them why they assign altitudes to VFR aircraft?