Old September 26th 06, 03:06 AM posted to rec.aviation.ifr
LWG

Default Are birds IFR?

I guess you were disappointed when you tasted it and it wasn't the squished
bat you expected?

Here in Austin where we have the worlds largest urban bat colony, bat
strikes at night are common. I've never hit an actual bat, but I did
have one drop a large fruit object in order to dodge my prop. After I
put the plane away it looked like total carnage - big squishy red pulp
just above the landing light... Until I realized that it was extra
sticky and sweet. Apparently in that little flash of recognition we
both had through my windscreen, the bat dropped his load (I'm guessing
a fig, probably about 2 inches across) in order to climb.