Old April 3rd 09, 04:42 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.aviation
Ron

Default German stealth bomber 2nd World war

"Orval Fairbairn" wrote in message
news

Actually, it was even MORE fortunate for Germany that the war didn't
last longer -- there was the matter of "Little Boy" and "Fat Man," who
probably would have visited Berlin or Hamburg, instead of Hiroshima and
Nagasaki.

I doubt that. The Germans did not put up a stiff resistance like the
Japanese did. The Germans did not come up with suicide planes, and never
fought to the last man, like they did in Iwo Jima. Germany fought 'our' type
of war. I was taught the sole reason for the A-bombs to hit Japan was the
believe that the US would have to fight every man woman and child in every
Japanese street, at unbelievable cost in human lives for the US armed
forces.

Ron
--
Non urinat in ventum