Old July 10th 16, 04:43 PM posted to rec.aviation.soaring

Default Al-Ko Trailer Tongue failure

Interesting analysis jj, mine failed on a new tongue hitch, I lost the vertical bolt and part of the hitch plate but it was because the tail end of the trailer drags occasionally when entering or departing deep curbs at entrances. Putting the entire weight of the trailer on the younger at the ball and the back skids of the trailer. The best way I see to reduce this chance is whenever possible go across the depressions at at relatively low angle of 45 degrees or less if possible so only one wheel of motorhome and or trailer goes in the depression at a time. Traffic can make this a chore at times but it works.