Old August 31st 03, 11:10 PM
Craig

"Paul" wrote in message ...
I'm looking for an adapter with a 3/8--24 thread on one end and a 1/4--28
thread on the other. This would allow me to use a standard Jacobs chuck on
my right angle drill. Surely some one must sell such a device. Since I
retired, I no longer have easy access to a lathe so I must now go tool
hunting. G

Makes them hard to use and keep a bit reasonably concentric. Look for
a Jiffy Chuck.....a three jawed chuck with a 1/4-28 mount. Heck of a
lot smaller and much more usefull in my dealings. Don't know of a
source right offhand, but I can check with our tooling guys when I get
back to work on Thursday. I'd be willing to bet that most of the
aircraft tool sources have them.

Craig C.